In order to keep a check on the spread of Coronavirus disease across India, the government has announced an extended lockdown till May 3. The government has ordered restriction of movement, except for emergencies and people providing essential services.
These social distancing measures have been taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, a respiratory disease that has been declared a global pandemic. To make sure the businesses providing essential services can move without issues or regular people can venture outside their homes to deal with emergencies, several states and union territories are offering e-passes that can be obtained online. E-pass for lockdown is also being referred to as movement pass or COVID-19 emergency pass, or online lockdown pass by some states.
Only essential service providers are allowed to travel, during the lockdown period.
Although, in case you need to travel for some emergency work, you can apply for an e-pass online which you can show to the police while traveling.
Who Can Have The ePass?
First of all, be sure that you have a valid reason for the pass.
Basically, to regulate the movement of goods and people during this period, many State Governments have developed mechanisms to issue ‘curfew passes’.
Apart from that, some documents may be required while you travel.
While having the ePass, you need to keep the blow points in mind.
- Only apply for a pass only if it falls under the category of goods and services categorized as ‘Essential by the State Government’.
- Also, applying for a pass does not guarantee grant of the same
- The local administration will have the final say on which applications can be accepted.
- Please apply for a pass only if it falls under the category of goods and services categorized as ‘Essential by the State Government’.
- Applying for a pass does not guarantee grant of the same
- Local administration will have the final say on which applications can be accepted
How to get e-pass for lockdown?
- Head to the official lockdown e-pass website for your state or city.
- Click on the Apply Here or something similar, depending on your state’s website.
- The reason for e-pass needs to be mentioned, and each state website asks for different information from the user. For instance, the Maharashtra e-pass website asks for a photo ID proof, valid organisation documents, medical report, and company ID to be attached with the application.
- Once you submit the application, it will be reviewed by the local police and then a pass will be issued.
- If there is any discrepancy in filling the application, users can contact the local police station to have it resolved. A unique token ID will be issued to the applicant.
How to check for application status of e-pass?
Once the application is submitted, the user can check their status of application by entering a unique ID on the e-pass website.Once the E-pass is approved, a message from the authorities will be sent over the phone informing the user.The e-pass can then be printed for use. It is essential to carry the e-pass with you, when you leave the house.