Amid the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, social distancing has become necessary which has enhanced cashless transactions among the urban population. Internet banking has also become increasingly popular as people are trying to avoid visiting public places like banks and ATMs. Realizing the importance of digital banking, banks are offering a host of banking services through their websites or apps.
India’s largest public-sector lenders, the State Bank of India also provides SBI net banking facility to its customers. In order to avail of this SBI online service, a customer needs to register for it. Nowadays, customers don’t even need to visit the bank branch for registering for Internet Banking and they can do it online with their ATM Card
To register for SBI’s net banking service, one can log in at the official website of the SBI — onlinesbi.com. Remembers that before you start the process for SBI net banking registration, you need to keep your ATM card, account number, CIF number, Branch Code and your registered mobile number with you.
SBI net banking eligibility:
To be eligible for SBI net Banking service, the customer requires to have a savings account in the bank. They will be required to have their ATM card, savings account number, CIF number, SBI Branch Code and one’s registered mobile number while registering for the feature. All these details mentioned in the passbook given by the lender.
How to register for online SBI net banking:
- Log in at official website of SBI — onlinesbi.com;
- Open Personal Banking section on the home page and click at ‘New User Registration/Activation’ option;
- You will be redirected to a new web page where you need to fill your details like account number, CIF number, Branch Code, etc.;
- Tap at ‘Submit’ option and OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number;
- Enter OTP and your SBI online service will get activated.
Registering using ATM card:
One can register for SBI net banking by using just their ATM details following the same process mentioned above. Once the SBI net banking gets activated, the customer will be able to get one’s account details like balance, transaction details, bank account statement, do online transaction, pay utility bills, open FD and RD account, order cheque book, etc. without visiting the bank branch.
Ensure the following before logging into OnlineSBI:
- The URL in your browser address bar begins with “https”.
- The address or status bar displays the padlock symbol.
- Click the padlock to view and verify the security certificate.
- The address bar turns green indicating that the site is secured with an SSL Certificate that meets the Extended Validation Standard.
- (SSL is compatible for IE 7.0 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3.1 and above, Opera 9.5 and above, Safari 3.5 and above, Google Chrome).
Beware of frauds:
On its website, the lender warned customer against frauds. It said, “State Bank or any of its representative never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking.”
THe bank advised customers to never respond to such email/SMS or phone call and also to report immediately on [email protected] if they receive any such email/SMS or Phone call. Customers shoukd also lock your their access immediately, if they have accidentally revealed their credentials.